Monday, January 16, 2012

Golden Globes Fashion: Best and Worst Dressed

Another award show so another best and worst dressed post! The Globes are a huge fashion night so it's important to pull out your best at them! Some people did it perfectly, while others tried but fell flat. Here are my choice for best and worst dressed:
Best Dressed:
 Nicole Richie
I love Nicole and usually love her fashion choices. The Globes was no exception. It's not my favourite of her looks but it still looks great on her. It could use a little more oomph though.
Nicole Kidman
Usually not a fan of her fashion choices but I love the fit and detailing on this dress.
Mila Kunis
I think Mila is one of the most gorgeous girls in the Hollywood so usually she can do no wrong in my eyes. I love this dress but she was very close to a wardrobe malfunction! Love that she took the risk though.
Michelle Williams
If I could make a so-so dressed list she would be one it but I chose to go with best dressed this time. I hate velvet so that brings this dress down a few notches but I do love the color and the print. It could use a better neckline though.
Sofia Vergara
To me this is the type of dress meant for the Golden Globes! It definitely has the wow factor and fits her perfectly. 
Zooey Deschanel
Still somewhat undecided on this one. She's a beautiful girl and the dress is okay... not my favourite though.
 Shailene Woodley
This dress just looks so delicate and I love the detailing of it. Fits very well too! It could almost be a wedding gown.
Selma Hayek
Possibly my favourite of the night. The top is fabulous. Looks almost Egyptian to me.
Sarah Hyland
Another favourite of the night. The dress looks old Hollywood. I absolutely love the lace and the black belt perfects the whole ensemble. Gorgeous hair too!
Evan Rachel Wood
I love this one! She looks like a mermaid mixed with a peacock!
Charlize Theron
This dress would have been better without the cinched fabric of the cutout leg but overall I still like it. She kind of looks like a ballerina.
Jessica Alba
Again gorgeous detailing and I love the colour!
Emma Stone
Much better than at the People's Choice Awards! Really like the colour and the belt.

Worst Dressed:
Natalie Portman
I love her, but this dress is just boring to me. Plus the tail part sticks out weird; it looks like she has a stuck propping it up. And the pink is just too pink for an award show like this.
Madonna
Honestly not a huge fan of Madonna and this dress just solidifies it haha. The top is gorgeous but the bottom is just hideous. 
Maya Rudolph
This is just not flattering on her and for this type of event it's just too boring.
Sharon Osbourne
I never like this style of dress. There's just too much fabric! Something more form fitting would have been much better.
Sara Michelle Gellar
This dress is such a dissapointment! I love the pattern and it could have such potential but just like with Sharon Osbourne's dress there is way too much fabric!
Amanda Peet
This is horrible on so many levels. It looks like an old woman dress. Actually I don't think even my grandmother would wear this dress.
Kelly Osbourne
This isn't the worst of the night, but it just falls flat for me again. Just like at the People's Choice Awards!
Angelina Jolie
Another boring dress for me.I like how the red sticks out at the top but the rest of the dress is too simple for me.
Freida Pinto
This dress is just so unflattering. It looks like they just cut a huge strip of fabric, wrapped it around her and then added the belt to keep it put. The bottom need to be form fitting!
Lea Michelle
I appreciate the effort but I just personally don't like it.

There are a few I left out just because I didn't want this post to be too long!
Image credit: Buzznet

No comments:

Post a Comment