Monday, January 16, 2012

Music Feature: Lana Del Rey


I'm probably a little behind on this but I'm currently obsessed with Lana Del Rey! The first time I heard of her was on MTV when they featured her video for Born to Die on one of their commercials. Watch it below (I also think the guy is hot haha).
A friend also shared her music video with me and I started to hear about her a bit online. It wasn't until today that I actually decided to look into her a bit more and bough her music off iTunes. Ever since then I've been listening to her on repeat! She has a great voice; it's gritty and deep but can also be very almost angelic at times. Also a little tidbit; her single Born to Die is the free single of the week on iTunes! Get it here. I definitely feel like she is going to blow up, even though she has been getting some negative criticism for her appearance on SNL. You can watch those performances here. I don't think she did horrible, but I can see why she has gotten some backlash for it. She's obviously nervous which you can't really blame her for! She could use some more stage presence for sure. I also love this cover of her for Interview magazine:
Her first album hasn't even come out yet and there's already tons of hype around her. It finally comes out on January 30 and I will definitely be buying it!

No comments:

Post a Comment